2022 Commodity Classic Scores a Big Hit in the Big Easy
Your Current and Future Customers are Here!
48.6 Years: Average age of farmer attendees (our trend toward younger farmers continues!)
82% farmer attendees say they are DECISION-MAKERS on their own farms.
The typical farmer-attendee says that 8+ other farmers in their area ask their opinion on new agricultural products and practices to be AG INFLUENCERS.
Over 75% of first-time attending farmers intend to continue farming for 20 or more years.
Nearly 40% of farmer attendees indicate they are in a growth phase of their operation and 45% are focusing on maintaining the size of their operation.
Big acres. Big buying power. Big influence.
The average farm operation† at 2022 Commodity Classic represented:
• 3,483 total acres
• 1,306 corn acres
• 1,203 soybean acres
• 1,125 wheat acres
• 2,951 sorghum acres
• 1,507 cotton acres
• 1,188 rice acres
• 419 hay/forage acres
• 983 peanut acres
• 733 vegetable acres
• 1,065 specialty crops acres
• 706 feedlot cattle
• 226 cow/calf pairs
• 615 sows
• 699 feeders
• 5,401 finishers
The Top Reason Farmers Attend:
TO LEARN ABOUT NEW PRODUCTS
72% farmer attendees say Commodity Classic is the most valuable event they attend all year!
The 2022 show floor was full of the latest ag info in 2,337 booths by 383 exhibit companies .
The top farmers you want to reach–all under one roof!
Total farmers• attending the 2022 Commodity Classic represented:
• $33.6 billion in total gross farm income
• $5.4 billion in total annual equipment purchases
• $4.3 billion in total seed & crop protection purchases
• $3.4 billion in total annual fertilizer purchases
The average individual* farmer at 2022 Commodity Classic represented:
• $3.5 million in total gross farm income
• $718,484 in total annual equipment purchases
• $429,653 in total annual seed & crop protection purchases
• $382,872 in total annual fertilizer purchases
* Based on Commodity Classic registration, Commodity Classic surveys, USDA NASS January 2022,
USDA WASDE February 2022 and USDA ERS December 2021
† For attendees completing the demographic data with registration
NPS score: How likely is it that you would recommend Commodity Classic to other farmers?